Board of Directors
Lisa Sampson, President
Zachary Sayre, Secretary
Robert Marrlett, Treasurer
Monica Sampson, Director of Social Media
Mission Statement: To explore, express, and experience creativity in all its forms through stimulating learning opportunities within a transforming community.
Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place – “SNAP” is a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts entity located on the campus of Scottsdale Congregational United Church of Christ in Scottsdale, Arizona. SNAP provides space for people of all ages to explore, express, and experience their own creativity. Originally called Ocotillo Center for Creativity and co-founded in 2007 by Rev. Katharine Harts, Lisa Sampson, Jill Marderness, Carrie Abts and Dan Loven, non-profit status was achieved in July of 2009 and the name changed to Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place – “SNAP” in April of 2010 to better serve and represent the citizens of south Scottsdale.
SNAP offers both adult and youth individual instruction and classes in the arts. Music lessons, instrumental or vocal, Dance/Movement instruction in numerous professional styles and theater/acting and coaching. Spaces are provided for rehearsals and performances and studio recitals.
HISTORY of SNAP
Past and present programming has included Argentine Tango, taught by internationally awarded world champions Rommel Oramas and Daniela Borgialli, Phoenix AZ Shakuhachi Friends, Flute Ensemble, coached by Avira Flute Duo, Cello Ensemble, led by Pat Fisher, "How To Get an Agent" professional workshop, More Than Modeling youth poise and self esteem building classes and runway performances, Zumba, Belly Dance Basics, Gentle Yoga, Cards for the Season, Calligraphy, Greasepaint Youtheatre has frequently rented SNAP space for rehearsals, Tai Chi, Youth Ballet, Swing Dance, Fitness and Flexibility 101, The Art of Writing Poetry, Everyday Gifts, Communication 101, Private Music Lessons, Chakra Tuning, Music on Mondays (adult amateur chamber music) and Musical Adventures (sessions in Conducting, Drumming, Recorder, Piano, Voice, Strings) and monthly Community Drumming and Hip Hop.
Summer Youth Camps have included:
- Trapeze Camp, Art Camp
- Summer Musical Theater Explorations (MBL & Co.)
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics)through “Discover Science 4 Kids”
- Camp Jam (a nationally run Rock Band camp)
In addition to classes and camps, SNAP has sponsored many special events:
- TAP Into SNAP – "City of Scottsdale's 60th Anniversary" Free Arts event
- Arts and Wellness Open House: “Loving Yourself 1st Health Fair”
- R. Carlos Nakai and Will Clipman Benefit Concert
- Eats-N-Arts outreach series partnering bi-anually with local restaurants
- La Boheme Preview with Arizona Opera
- "Opera Meets Jazz" featuring Rhapsody in Blue with pianist Larry Loeber, and Musicians of the Arizona Opera Orchestra (AZOOMA)
- Red Rocks Music Festival Concert - "Classical Meets Jazz" Workshop with the authors of “Saving Paradise”
- Live performance of the musical - "The Last Five Years"
Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place “SNAP”
On the campus of Scottsdale Congregational United Church of Christ
4425 N Granite Reef Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251