Event highlight of the moment
Accepting only 10 Registrations! Claim your spot now and help shape your neighborhood.
Send us an email and we'll put your child's name in for registration. When we have 10 students signed up we will email the parents for an introductory tour and meeting. At that time we'll collect your materials fee and registration form. Remember, our program starts the Friday after Labor Day, Sept. 11
Download After-school flyer
Download Curriculum flyer
Download Registration form
Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place
4425 North Granite Reef Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Supported in part by the Arizona Commission on the Arts
with funding from the State of Arizona and the National Endowment for the Arts.
To explore, express, and experience
creativity in all its forms through stimulating
learning opportunities within a transforming
Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place – “SNAP” is a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts entity located at Scottsdale Congregational United Church of Christ in Scottsdale, Arizona. SNAP provides space for people of all ages to explore, express, and experience their own creativity. Originally called Ocotillo Center for Creativity and co-founded in 2007 by Rev. Katharine Harts, Lisa Sampson, Jill Marderness, Carrie Abts and Dan Loven, non-profit status was achieved in July of 2009 and the name changed to Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place – “SNAP” in April of 2010 to better serve and represent the citizens of south Scottsdale.
SNAP offers adult and youth arts programming or rehearsal space. Current activity includes:
- PractiCanDo taught by internationally acclaimed Argentine Tango Champions Rommel Oramas and Daniela Borgialli
- Phoenix AZ Shakuhachi Friends led by Chuck Peck 1st Saturday mornings
- Midweek Yoga with Carrie on Wednesday afternoons
- Open Arts Studio on 1st and 3rd Saturday afternoons
- Healing Circle led by Intuitive Healer Mark Earlix every Wednesday evening
- Alexander Technique sessions with Rochelle Reea every Tuesday
- Arizona Pro Arte Ensemble rehearsals for their unique concert events are held at SNAP
- Flute Ensembles coached by Avira Flute Duo
- Music Alive at SNAP - concerts and recitals by musicians at all levels of their journey
- Private Music Lessons taught by top-notch instructors in Voice, Piano, Strings and Woodwinds
- Scottsdale Adult Ballet Fitness classes joyfully taught by John McAttee
- Coaching sessions and rehearsals for aspiring actors plus Introduction to Acting for Youth from Arizona Actors Academy, Brandy Hotchner/Artistic Director.
- Eats-N-Arts events at Scottsdale restaurants and private homes bring the arts close up while you enjoy a great meal plus help raise funds for ongoing programs at SNAP.
Past programming has included classes in Zumba, Belly Dance Basics, Gentle Yoga, Cards for the Season, Calligraphy, and summer camps including Summer Musical Theatre Explorations, Camp Jam and STE(A)M (Science Technology Arts Engineering Mathematics) through “Discover Science 4 Kids,” plus many special arts events such as “TAP Into SNAP,” “New Year’s Celebration,” “Opera Meets Jazz,” and “Arts and Wellness Open House.” Dias Dance Life has rehearsed its dance and flash-mob events at SNAP and Greasepaint Youtheatre rented rehearsal space at SNAP for Les Mis, Cinderella, Annual Gala and more.
Teaching and rehearsal space is available to artists and artist entities on an hourly rental basis.
ARGENTINE TANGO classes are here on Tuesday evenings!
Other Community Ensembles
SNAP welcomes Chuck Peck and Phoenix AZ Shakuhachi Friends on first Saturdays at 10 AM.
Arizona Pro Arte Ensemble rehearses at SNAP for their performances at Tempe Center for the Arts.
Arizona Actors Academy students polish their craft by rehearsing scenes at SNAP.
Grease paint Youtheater and Act One Youth Theater utilize SNAP when they need extra rehearsal or classroom space.
Private Music Lessons
Private music lessons are offered through Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place for all instruments and voice. All instructors are professional musicians dedicated to sharing their knowledge with students of all ages and all levels. They currently perform or teach with such organizations as The Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Opera Orchestra, Arizona State University, Maricopa College District and more.
Please note: 3% paypal.com fee will be added to the checkout total.
You may also support SNAP through the Compass for your Cause program offered at any BBVA Compass Bank branch.
When you open a new account at Compass, please use Affinity Code 90921 and SNAP will receive a $50 contribution from BBVA Compass for your Cause!
Questions may be directed to Mike Vanek, Sr. Business Relationship Manager at the Scottsdale and Osborn BBVA Compass branch, ph 480-783-6823.
SNAP thanks you and BBVA Compass for your support!
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination."
This statement written by John Keates reflects the vision of the Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place. It is our goal to provide a stimulating and supportive space for individuals to explore, express and experience creativity and imagination.